Saturday, August 6, 2011

Can't Get Enough Dyeing...

so we met at Judy's house in the morning before it got too hot and luckily we were also in the shade.

Our group included Kate, Jan, Judy and Debra Danko and me. Debra is very focused and creates wonderful pieces that she uses in her art quilts. Be sure to check her out.
This is only a small example of what we haul around.



Taylor had started a wax batik piece at Dye Camp, using soy wax with Judy's help and I did the dyeing while at Judy's since Taylor is back in Texas. This piece is wet and laying on the grass to dry.


Here it is...all washed, dried and ironed and it's beautiful! I can't wait to send it to her.

A small sampling of some of the work done that morning. It was a good day!

Unfortunately, it's hard to see, but Debra Danko has her Shibori sewn up the side.


Shibori:  for me this is wrapping fabric around a PVC pipe and using rubber bands. There are so many other ways to do it, but I took the easy route.




Something I really need to do is keep notes on my dyeing. Occasionally, there's such a beautiful combination and then I'm guessing what I may have used. So notebook, here I come!

We did some "show & tell" but that will be my next post.





 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the rest of what you all dyed! It's so much fun to see results, isn't it! Debra does beautiful hand dyeing...and of course her quilts are outstanding! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete